Monday, June 15, 2009

Bond No. 9 - Creating your own New York Mood





"Bond No. 9 is a perfume company that I love because of their undeniable  infatuation with fun and fantastic   marketing! Bond No. 9  is named for it's company's headquarters which live at 9 Bond Street in NOHO. I find the concept of Bond 9 nearly impossible to resist as it was created for the sole purpose of celebrating New York City and it fulfills upon this mission by creating adorable perfumes and fabulous packaging that is undeniably enticing......I mean who can resist the thought of a fragrance called  Andy Warhol, Lexington Avenue? I'm sure that there are those weaker than me but I've yet to meet them!

Bond No. 9 is a series of fragrances built upon the neighborhoods of New York City and each is different and most of them fulfill upon their mission beautifully! I love Central Park with it’s fresh notes of verbena, bergamot and lime Blossom and New Haarlem with it’s jazzy notes of coffee, vanilla and patchouli sends me into a bohemian sort of swoon where I’d sell my soul for a Gitane’s , sans filter. I adore the Andy Warhol Silver Factory  which reeks of incense and amber with it’s sexually androgynous touch of iris and violet and what about the oh so wanton  Astor Place , a heady infusion of violet, freesia ,orris , musk ,amber and the notorious red poppy!  With so many to choose from it’s hard to pick a favorite, but currently I adore Bond No. 9 Saks for Her, which is an absolutely stunning blend of tuberose, jasmine, gardenia ,vanilla and vetiver. Saks for Her  and the equally delicious Saks for him create a balance of scent that is hard to resist. Which brings me to another point, Bond 9 fragrances are made to be layered and many of the fragrances  are also presented in  a delectable body silk that is absolutely luscious! 
 "

Please enjoy the rest of the review at:

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hey Beth...I have been so busy lately working on a catalog project, that I haven't been on-line as much. But the last time I was Saks, the SA sent me home with a few samples. My problem is that there are just TOO many choices. I get overwhelmed by that....but I do dig the colorful, creative presentation. Hope you are doing well!
Happy Wednesday! :o)

PS...I did pick up Mandragore thanks to your review. I layer it with Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily and it smells very unique...love it. That may sound weird...but I have weird skin chemistry anyway...so I often wear layered scents. I also picked up a bottle of Fracas, as any good Southern Belle would of course! ;o) Thanks again for your great reviews!