Thursday, February 4, 2010

Self Awareness is Powerful not just for Women but the Men who love us!

I came across this bra yesterday during my quest to find the ultimate sports bra that would support "the girls" during a particularly strenuous session of hot yoga. Being a totally addicted leopard print fan I made it mine on the spot! It's called "the Awareness Bra " and it's made by Wacoal. It's very beautiful, comfortable and comes with a simple yet important message.

The message presented is a simple one to be aware , do monthly breast self exams and look in the mirror for visible changes. It's surprising to me how many women that I know who aren't comfortable touching their bodies and their breasts. If you fall in to that category I beg you to write me. I'm really serious here and I'll gladly help you through the fear because it's your life and the richness of it that's at stake! Get your husband, partner or boyfriend involved and tell them what to look and feel for. It doesn't have to be clinical at all, it's about falling in love with yourself and the world around you.
Sometime right after your period grab your sweetie and lead him or her into the bedroom after a warm bath. Light some candles, grab a wonderfully scented body butter, get naked and touch each other.

Period, end of story. Don't be afraid. Knowledge is power!

Allowing your SO to help be responsible for your breast health is one of the most erotically charged and wonderful gifts that you can bring to your relationship. Don't be afraid if you're just really nervous the first few times because in this case practice DOES make perfect! You'll get the hang of it , I promise. Then buy yourself a beautiful bra or two as a reward! Luscious breasts (and Luscious comes in every size!) deserve gorgeous bras!

Don't forget that men can get breast cancer too. It's important for you to return the favor and check your lover every month!

You can download a very good breast self exam card from Keep-a-Breast.org and get a lot of really important information.

I love this group because they're young, powerful and really making a difference. They don't think that breast health is just for us "over 30's" and these young men and women are taking control of their destinies now. It's interesting to me. I've noticed that most of my son's friends are incredibly cool, intelligent hip kids who think about their environment a lot more than I did at their age. Lots of them are really healthy vegans, most of them are very aware environmentalists. They've got a lot to say about this world that we've left them and they're not afraid to be controversial. I've attached 2 wonderfully entertaining videos from the 2009 Vans Warped Tour! Enjoy!













Photograph courtesy of Macy's

2 comments:

Bethane said...

Even my "Puritanical" Father discovered the lump on my Mother's breast, just after her 50th. For their 25th anniversary, she underwent a radical mastectomy which is pretty final-especially back in '73. In spite of this, she (they) lived another 23 active years. Way to go Dad!

The Left Coast Nose said...

I love this posting!! Thanks for linking self-care to pleasure-- such a powerful gift...